Very few of the UK's wealthiest families from just fifty years ago remain in the same relative position today. The reason is largely down to them having taken too much or too little risk. This applies equally to each and every member of society.
Financial Planning and Wealth Management is all about identifying individual objectives and attitudes to risk and then structuring an investment strategy aimed at achieving your own individual goals within your own individual risk profile.
At a meeting we would initially look at your own situation – for example: the chances are that a couple can re-organise their finances so that savings are in competitive interest rate accounts. One partner may be a non-tax payer but have they completed a form so that they are not paying tax on savings?
- It is also tax efficient that a couple should equalise their assets to take advantage of all allowances.
- When was the last time you looked at the return from ISAs, both cash and investment?
- If you are a Higher Rate Taxpayer (HRT), you may be interested in investing higher risk investments such as Venture Capital Trusts (VCT) or Enterprise Investment Schemes (EIS).
- Inheritance Tax (IHT) may be liable on your estate; what can you do about it?
- If you have shares (or investment trusts, unit trusts etc.), are you making use of the annual Capital Gains Tax allowance?
- Providing your children or grandchildren with a good start in life is an excellent aim. We look at deposit accounts, Junior ISAs, Child Trust Funds as well as pensions and investments.
This is only a taster of how we can help you; there is much, much more.